TheGoldSovereign Community is a newly created set of forums, focused solely on the passion of collecting. Currently we are in BETA so make your suggestions known in the relevant forum!

Sovereign overview spreadsheet

Haven

I have the Michael Marsh book and often look at a few different resources for info on sovereigns, but it often involves a lot of flicking through pages and Google searches etc to find the info I'm looking for. Also I found it hard to keep track of the info when it is spread across several pages, e.g. comparing mintages from different branches for a given year.

I thought it would be useful to have the information displayed graphically as a kind of "overview" with the main info at a glance.

Such a resource may well already exist but I thought I would make one for my own use anyway and learn while I'm doing it.

Then I thought why not share it with the community for feedback, input and ideally to be a help to others.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156gWOBDS2n4f7P3ChMSJNIOgSnjLYqZxQuWv0mGCwYw/edit?usp=sharing

The spreadsheet concentrates on changes in design (e.g. portraits and different reverses and mint marks) but ignores minor varieties etc. All the mintage figures are as per Marsh.

Mints are colour coded.

I will move on to proofs, halfs, doubles and £5s in time. 

Let me know of any errors or any comments and suggestions please 😄

Please could I request members not to share this link beyond the community right now.

Edited by Haven
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Shaun said:

@Haven The reference we are creating here could use some help if you're interested. I have another layout/view for an overview that I can share with you, PM me if you would like to help us build it 🙂

I assume you are using the MARSH second revised edition 2021...???

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

@Haven The reference we are creating here could use some help if you're interested. I have another layout/view for an overview that I can share with you, PM me if you would like to help us build it 🙂

Of course I'd be happy to help where I can. My overview is based on the 2021 edition, yes @BRIAN GREER