TheGoldSovereign Community is a newly created set of forums, focused solely on the passion of collecting. Currently we are in BETA so make your suggestions known in the relevant forum!

PCGS - 5 Month Turnaround...

Shaun

this situation happens frequently in submissions received in dec-feb of recent years due to  demand for certifications.  the demand is growing faster than the company has been able to employ new qualified graders.

being a dedicated gold sovereign collector, I have turn around time problems every dec................so I simply call customer services.  usually the agent can determine the status of my submission.   when it seems stuck for some reason the agent can shake up things a bit and get the submission moving..........usually everything is ok and i just have to wait.................................................I suspect that non-US coin submissions get stuck more frequently, but I don't that for sure.

I have good relations with the PCGS registry(nice people)..........NGC registry people are more difficult...............both companies have excellent customer service agents.

dealers from outside the US have told me that long wait times are the rule, so they call or email asking for a status report.......(remember the shipping, to and from, accounts for 6 weeks or so of the wait.

and don't forget to check your registry account.   it usually get a status report, as much as it is...........................

Hi Shaun,

I sent two separate submissions in Feb and then a third in March. They all came back last week. I spoke with them about the delays and the fact is that they have huge numbers of submissions and they cannot rush the process. They were really apologetic when I spoke with them and I guess it is, for the time being, the norm.

Like Brian said, there are also busier times of year. Lots of new coins released at the end of the year etc. means it is often best to submit in August/September. Also, the registry awards demand updates to sets are completed by the end of June and that also causes people to submit in the first quarter…

Hope they come back soon,

Andrew.