TheGoldSovereign Community is a newly created set of forums, focused solely on the passion of collecting. Currently we are in BETA so make your suggestions known in the relevant forum!

Crossing, PCGS to NGC and vice versa

Mike

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Does anyone know if these two TPG's work together and notify the other when a coin is crossed to keep the respective registry's accurate? 

Just been reading the process on both sites, nothing's mentioned about informing the registry's if a crossover is successful.

edit: I'd assume not as it's not mentioned but suspect they would return the label(s) with the coin(s) so you have to do the honor's at your cost.

Edited by CaptCaveMan
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Does anyone know if these two TPG's work together and notify the other when a coin is crossed to keep the respective registry's accurate? 

No they don't work together, when you cross a coin (to PCGS at least), they send you the NGC cert back. You then have to send this to NGC and hope they accurately act on it.

After my recent correspondence with NGC I'm not too trusting in their processes, which for me isn't surprising.

So before I send off any certs I am writing some scripts on the backend of the reference to store historical pop reports weekly. That way when I send certs off I can more easily see the figures change.

Super important when like me you have single finests or an example where only 3 exist etc.

• Like 1

I did just post this on another thread but this also seems like a good place to share it. Many people don't know this, and it is why PCGS slabs often sell for more money.

It is also why you should buy the coin and not the slab, I do very well with my crossovers due this.

Last 30 days if crossovers at PCGS:

Screenshot_20220201-202231.thumb.png.e12b9b2191fd7728d1fb53dd02b09698.png

• Like 1